Alan Jones Funeral Directors understands that your privacy is important to you. We value the privacy of all of our customers and will only collect and use personal data in ways that are described here, and in a way that is consistent with our legal obligations and your statutory rights.
Alan Jones Funeral Directors Ltd
Limited Company registered in England under company number 08079116.
Registered address: 233 Wigan Road, Ashton – in- Makerfield, Wigan, WN4 9SR
Main trading address: Ashland House, 87 Old Road, Ashton-in-Makerfield, WN4 9BG
How we use your personal data
If you are a customer or prospective customer (ie, you have requested a quotation for our services) we will process your data to perform a contract with you, or to take steps to enter into a contract. Your personal data may be used for one of the following purposes:
- Supplying our products and services to you.
- Providing you with details of our products and services which are tailored to your individual requirements, and/or a quotation.
- Communicating with you in respect of an enquiry or quotation, a funeral or other service that we are arranging, or a pre-paid funeral plan
With your permission and where permitted by law, we may also use your personal data for marketing purposes, which may include contacting you by email and/or telephone and/or post with information, news, and offers on our products and/or services. You will not be sent any unlawful marketing or spam. We will always work to fully protect your rights and comply with our obligations under the GDPR and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003, and you will always have the opportunity to opt-out.
We will only transfer your personal data outside the United Kingdom to the extent we need to make funeral arrangements with third parties in another country; e.g. where the deceased or remains are to be collected from abroad or where a funeral is arranged abroad.
The personal data we hold
We may collect some or all of the following personal data:
- Date of Birth
- Email Address
- Telephone Number
- Payment Information
Your personal data is also obtained from the following third parties:
- Our third party suppliers; e.g. the crematorium or cemetery, minister or celebrant, doctors, florist,
- Ecclesiastical Planning Services to arrange a funeral plan.
How long we keep personal data
We will process personal data for up to three months after you contact us or the date of the funeral/for as long as is necessary to allow us to fulfil your funeral services and will securely store the personal data indefinitely so we have a record of the funeral in order that we can respond to future enquiries from the family regarding the funeral, burial plots etc
The recipients of your personal data
We may sometimes contract with the following third parties to supply products and/or services to you on our behalf. In some cases, those third parties may require access to some or all of your personal data that we hold.
- Doctor(s) if medical certification is required/applicable
- Local crematorium for the purpose of organising cremation of the deceased
- Local cemetery for the purpose of organising burial of the deceased
- A nominated minister or celebrant for the purpose of arranging details of the funeral service
- A local musician for the purpose of liaising with you for your musical choices for the funeral service
- A florist(s) for the purpose of arranging the flowers for the funeral service
- A vehicle hire company or transportation agency including the provision of horses for the purpose of transport of the deceased and cortege at the funeral
- A newspaper in the case of Obituary and/or printer or designer if creating the funeral service sheets externally to Alan Jones Funeral Directors
- Ecclesiastical Planning Services if an application or enquiry for a pre-paid funeral plan is made
- Department For Works and Pensions if you have made a claim for payment towards the funeral costs.
- To pass your details to our Debt Agencies for collection of outstanding Funeral Account if our Terms are not met
If any of your personal data is required by a third party, as described above, we will take steps to ensure that your personal data is handled safely, securely, and in accordance with your rights, our obligations, and the third party’s obligations under the law.
In some limited circumstances, we may be legally required to share certain personal data.
Under governing data protection legislation, you have the following rights, which we will always work to uphold:
- The right to be informed about our or collection and use of your personal data. This Privacy Notice should tell you everything you need to know, but you can always contact us to find out more.
- The right to access the personal data we hold about you.
- The right to have your personal data rectified if any of your personal data held by us is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to be forgotten, i.e. the right to ask us to delete or otherwise dispose of any of your personal data that we have.
- The right to restrict (i.e. prevent) the processing of your personal data.
- The right to object to us using your personal data for a particular purpose or purposes.
- The right to data portability. This means that, if you have provided personal data to us directly, we are using it with your consent or for the performance of a contract, and that data is processed using automated means, you can ask us for a copy of that personal data to re-use with another service or business in many cases.
If you want to know what personal data we have about you, you can ask us for details of that data and for a copy of it. All such requests should be made in writing using the contact details below. There is not normally any charge for such a request and we will endeavour to respond within one month.
Further information about your rights, including your right to complain about our use of your personal data, can be obtained from the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).
How to contact us
If you have any enquires relating to your personal data and data protection, please contact Clare Whittaker/. Dawn Gee at:
Email : email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone number: 01942 271824.
Postal Address: Ashland House, 87 Old Road, Ashton in Makerfield, Wigan WN4 9BG
Changes to this Privacy Notice
We may change this Privacy Notice from time to time. This may be necessary, for example, if the law changes, or if we change our business in a way that affects personal data protection.
Any changes will be made available on our website at www.alanjonesfuneraldirectors.com